Here are the most recent health care related regulatory developments as published in the New Jersey Register in November 2018:
- On November 5, 2018, at 50 N.J.R. 2239(b), the Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development published a public notice the Division of Family Development shall increase the rate of the personal needs allowance from $ 110.00 to $ 112.00 effective January 1, 2018, for SSI recipients and Work First New Jersey/General Assistance recipients living in residential health care facilities and for SSI recipients living in boarding homes. This increase is based on the total 2018 Federal Social Security cost-of-living increase. (Amends N.J.A.C. 10:123-3.4(a)).
- On November 19, 2018, at 50 N.J.R. 2281(a), the Department of Community Affairs published a proposal to readopt the existing rules concerning requests for government records were scheduled to expire on October 17, 2018. The Department proposed that the rules be readopted without change. Comments due January 18, 2019.
- On November 19, 2018, at 50 N.J.R. 2328(b), the Department of Human Services, Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services readopted rules for the Medicaid Only eligibility for aged, blind and disabled individuals. The DHS adopted the subchapter (N.J.A.C. 10:71) before the expiration while it works on changes to reflect the Federal requirements under the Affordable Care Act. Those changes will be published under a separate rulemaking. The readopted rules will continue to be in effect for seven years.
- On November 19, 2018, at 50 N.J.R.2329 (a), the Department of Insurance, New Jersey Individual Health Coverage Program Board readopted rules Individual Health Coverage Program Plan of Operations. The mission of the Board administer the New Jersey Individual Health Coverage Program in a manner aimed at increasing access to coverage, protecting consumers, educating key stakeholders and other interested persons, and promoting carrier participation in the market. This includes establishment and modification of standard plans for marketing to individuals and establishing and administering the assessment mechanism. It also includes the regulation of individual health coverage carriers in conjunction with the Department of Banking and Insurance.
- On November 19, 2018, at 50 N.J.R. 2334(a), the Department of Banking and Insurance, Small Employer Health Benefits Program Board adopted amendments to the Small Employer Health Benefits Plan at N.J.A.C. 11:21 Appendix Exhibits F, G, W, Y, HH, and II.
Article Categories:State Regulatory Developments