Provider Letter – PL 18-07 Providers have been reporting incidents without providing all of the information necessary for HHSC Complaint and Incident Intake (CII) to properly prioritize its review of those incidents. This letter serves as a guidance to the provider types including:
- Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs)
- Day Activity and Health Services (DAHS) Facilities,
- Home and Community Support Services Agencies (HCSSAs),
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with an Intellectual
- Nursing Facilities (NFs)
about the information that a provider must include in an initial reportable incident report made via phone
to HHSC Complaint and Incident Intake (CII) and in a provider investigation report (PIR) submitted by email or fax to CII.
A provider must:
• report reportable incidents to CII1;
• ensure a thorough investigation is conducted and documented in the PIR; and
• submit the PIR to CII within the regulatory timeframe that applies to the provider type.
A provider should include, in its initial phone report to CII, and in the PIR, as much of the following information as is know. SEE Provider Letter – PL 18-07 for all details required.
The post Long-term Care Regulatory Provider Letter – Incident Reporting Requirements appeared first on Garlo Ward, P.C..